Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Lesson: Just Enjoy the Music - I've Got a Mansion

For a while here … I’ve been mulling music … and songs from my childhood.  Much loved songs.  Some songs I remember with one voice, and others I remember from several records, church choirs and many more.  But I thought, it would be fun to feature some of those songs … into a song study for homeschools.

You can consider this a Free Curriculum if you like - or just something fun.

Compare and contrast the different groups singing the song.

Is the music all the same or did they change it?

Do you like the changes?

Did they change the speed of the song?

Did changing the speed change your emotional response to the song?  Do you feel sadder?  Happier?  Want to dance?  Go to sleep?

Are the voices high or low?  Do you like the song better sung at a higher pitch or a lower pitch?

Which version did you like the best?

Learn this song as sung by your favorite group.  Try to imitate their pitch and tone.

Do the singers move around?   Did that add to your enjoyment or the emotional feel of the song.

Write out the words to the song.  What do they mean to you?

What is the history of the song?  Who wrote it?  Why?
https://originofsongs.blogspot.com/2012/07/mansion-over-hilltop.html


What other things can you learn from these songs?

If the song is Christian… Is the Song based on Scripture?   Can you find Scripture to back up the message in the song?




SONG OF THE WEEK

I've got a Mansion

1949



  In the comments - which were your favorites?  Do you have another favorite not listed?

I will star my favorites.


*Ricky Van Shelton

**Elvis Presley


One of the records I listened to growing up was "Elvis Greatest Hymns" (or similar) ... it was not until my early teens that I discovered Elvis sang other than Hymns and Christmas music.

George Jones


Paul Overstreet


*Carolina Crossmen


George Jones and Vestal Goodman


**Cathedrals 



Jimmie Davis



Smokey Mountain Jubilee Chior



*Slim Whitman



Lindley Creek Bluegrass Family



*Jim Nabors




Daniel O'Donnell 



Elder Trinidad and Cora Padilla



Heritage Singers



The Happy Goodman Family



The Wonder Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...