Friday, September 15, 2017

Weekly Web Finds : September 15, 2017


HOMESCHOOLING

 What homeschoolers miss out on when they don't do the Public School normal?

Genesis Movie!

Most people don't know that I'm dyslexic.  I can read very well you see.   But I can't spell, and sometimes my words come out wackbords or just plain wrong.   It's such a family joke that my darling Story put me into her first book ... Dorana ... that's me, well, an extreme case of me, pretty good at math but difficulty remembering words.    This is a website trying help you normals "get" a glimpse of what we go through ... I don't have this much trouble - but if you slow it WAY down, and add flips of bd and pq as well as randomly throwing in a letter now and then or the wrong number of repeating lettters ... that is my world, and it's why I can't spell, and sometimes don't recognize my own name or why I can't figure out your name or others names.  Thank goodness for Spell Check.

Henry Wasworth Longfellow

Helping the child that needs help is not cheeting for the child... is it?

Understanding Trigonometry 

Genetic Entropy ... a problem for Evolution

Make your own planner

A look at Hurricanes



MINISTRIES And CHRISTIANITY

 It doesn't just happen ... two deaf boys get help way out in a remote area - AWESOME story!

A few years ago, I promoted a missionary family who had just had quintuplets and the kids had predictabley, many health concerns .... well, look at them now!





MARRIAGE and PARENTING

There honestly ARE those out there who believe that all children belong to the state, 

Why do we expect so much of children - and excuse adults for worse behaviour?   

It seems Biology does matter - there appears to be something within the child or many children that seeks out that connection with others who share DNA.


COOKING AND HOMEMAKING POSTS



HEALTH POSTS

 Brain Balance in infants

Who Knew that these are more harmful than beneficial?   I happened to be very good at statistics in college.  So I finally gathered up enough courage to ask for the package insert for the product ... and I kept that card that back then, every parent had to sign before getting them done.... and while comparing two sets of statistics, I suddenly realized that they CHANGED THE BASE!   I'm supposed to do a direct comparison and not notice the change ... so I pulled out paper and pencil and manually moved it to match.   And my blood froze.  I wasn't looking at a .01 risk that was indicated, but a full 1% risk ... of death or serious complications.  That started my search in earnest.

Junk Food while pregnant?

Essential Oils and Healthy Brains




GARDENING AND BUGS AND PESTS






POLITICS  (Sort of) … HISTORY

 I have several beloved Downs Syndrom children in my life.  But there are those who would deny these children the right to be born and live.    So it is a refreshing delight to see a young adult stand up for herself, and challenge those who would have wished her dead - she didn't sway their opinions, but she did make them squirm and showed herself to be confident and capable.   

I remember when plastic was going to save the world from the tree killers ... I do.  In the late 70's the cry of "Chose Plastic because you love the planet" became the new mantra of environmentalists.  As it has turned out, it's destroying the environment, the ocean, our health, and more.   Plus, without the forest management of the past, we are now seeing forest fires the like of which we cannot even begin to control!   And I'm pretty sure in 10 - 20 years, our children will be suffering yet another consequence of man trying to outsmart God's plans.  What cracks me up?  Is that if you follow the product from seed to usage, the growing part and conversion parts use MORE natural resources than the old way.   

New TSA patdown procedures

Places that are "unpopular" from the leftists


JOBS and FURTHER EDUCATION

Don't be the Victim



MONEY





TECHNOLOGY

 We can now save a baby from a mere 22 weeks gestation ... or kill one legally.   What is really the difference between being inside or outside of the womb anymore - shouldn't all babies deserve a fighting chance?
And how can you see a premi survive and still believe it is ok to abort a child?


Ancient Freezers and Ice Makers?

Dangerous Apps for Kids

The future for blindness?



JUST AMAZING STUFF

 Roman soldier artifacts

 Rent compared across America

I've meant to go so many times ... and now it's closed.   The latest word is that they had a coolant leak, and they will remain closed until they have overhauled all of the safety procdures.

Jigsaw Puzzles



If you like getting free Kindle Books of all types (mostly clean and kids) and learning about bargains… you might want to join my twitter feed.   
Momma Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...